- Chitosan is a polysaccharide found in crustaceans.
- It is used for weight loss, lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Skincare – used in prodiucts to promote ability to heal skin damage
- Cosmetics –used as a hydrating agent in skin creams, eye shadows, lipsticks, face peelers, facial toner, soap
- Haircare –used in shampoos, hairspray, setting lotion coloring products
- Food- as a food thickener or stabilizer used in edible films and dietary fibers.
- Medicinal- to manage healthy cholesterol levels and body weight.
- Personal care- toothpaste, mouthwash, deordorants foot powder