- Chitin is a chain of N-acetylglucosamine.
- Chitlin is found in insects and crustaceans.
- It provides a similar function in arthropods as the protein keratin which is used for production of feathers, hair and nails in veterbrates.
- Skincare – used in prodiucts to promote ability to heal skin damage
- Cosmetics –used as a hydrating agent in skin creams
- Haircare –used in shampoos
- Food- as a food thickener or stabilizer used in edible films and dietary fibers.
- Medicinal- to manage healthy cholesterol levels and body weight,
There are no reviews yet.